Question

Over charging!!!

I have subscribed Netflix through Proximus. I was supposed to have Netflix as a TV bonus during 6 months, so I didn't enjoy the 1 month free bonus which Netflix offers to new clients. And now Proximus has started to charge me for Netflix, and charged me since the beginning. So, instead of paying 48€/month for 6 months, as agreed when the contract was signed, and as it was charged in the first invoice, Proximus wants me to pay extra the 9,99€ Netflix fee!

I want to know what do I need to do to cancel my Netflix subscription. I want to keep the access until the end of this period, but I don't want to start a new period. And I will search soon for a new TV and internet provider. Is there any official institution where I can file a formal complaint about a situation like this?

3 commentaires

Badge +4
Hello,

You can cancel the netflix option via myproximus.

When a painte, you can address it to the ibpt or via the site. But it is necessary to follow via the ppage contact the way "you will easily find an answer to your question".

The Proximus francophone collaborators do not know how to help you in your language.

When to me I am only a contributor to this forum and do not know you help more in the matter.
You can always put your question on the Dutch speaking forum, but I wouldn't say that no collaborator here understands/speaks English. You'll have to wait till after the weekend to get an answer though.
You can enter an official complaint with the telecom mediator:
www.ombudsmantelecom.be/en/home.html?IDC=101
I would certainly try to get it sorted by Proximus first.
Niveau d'utilisateur 6
Badge +1
Filing a complaint to Proximus is kind of ... tricky ...
From the contact page ... https://www.proximus.be/support/en/id_cr_contact/personal/support/contact-our-customer-service.html

You might want to follow this path ...
"Quick start? Here you can find an answer to your question"
"I'm a customer and I know my phone number"
Enter your phone number -> OK
"I have a question about MyProximus or Premium Club"
(Never mind whether this has nothing to do with your problem)
"MyProximus"
"File a complaint"
Go down to "Were our answers unable to help you? Please contact us"
And finally, below, on the right side : "Mail Us"

And then cross fingers for a speedy answer ... Sad news : the competition is not any better.
As a professor on computer security, I often use the Proximus site as an example of what to avoid ... its only "merit"

Commenter