Question

I have modem installed but connection not activated

Hi,

I am struggling with Proximus from last 20 days, I placed order online for fiber internet connection as I learnt from previous tenant that  he had fiber connection at same place. while placing order Proximus told me no fiber at my place can take copper internet order, i said okay placed  order.  When technician came for installation he said my place having fiber connection, he questioned ..how come they take copper order for this address, still installed proximus modem and handed over wifi password saying he will cancel copper order and activate fiber for us.  Now it is week time no internet activated, no call no response from proximus.

When i contact proximus costumer care they say they cannot take order cannot activate internet for my place, if you wish can contact other provider. Problem is at my place just have Proximus line other provider cannot put line there as am staying in apartment. 

After struggling for last 20 days posting my problem here wishing at least some one can have look and provide me solution 

18 commentaires

customer number: 2*******3

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +4

Proximus collaborators (moderators) probably will be able to help you further to solve this problem on this public forum but please be aware it could taken some time (1 to 2 days) to have such a reaction/anwswer 

Speedtest internet connection | Proximus

In cas the link above is indicating speeds above 100 Mbps (210, 350, ...) for download proximus fiber should normally be available at your location (but the info seems unfortunately not to be 100% reliable)

Hi,

If the previous tenant had a fiber connection, there must be such an equipment somewhere in the flat/house:

There is a (long) number on the white box (where the fiber arrives) which identifies the connection and which is normally used when activating a subscription 

Yes I have that white colour box in my house for that technician connected modem same like shown in picture. But according to proximus data base they say there is no connection at my place, there is no option to activate my internet there end. 

Hi,

If the previous tenant had a fiber connection, there must be such an equipment somewhere in the flat/house:

There is a (long) number on the white box (where the fiber arrives) which identifies the connection and which is normally used when activating a subscription 

Here I have my modem number written..you can see in pic

Maybe @David W will be able to help…

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +5

Hi @vg123456 

I look at that….

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +5

@vg123456 Could you fill in the "Ticket" field in your profile with the exact address, (box number, floor) ?

Thanks in advance

Floor 7th ..and apartment number 7B. Modem number just written on white box it is 095 at wire coming from outside wall and 6067 at fiber to modem 

one more strange thing is that if you check my home adrees (***********) on proximus fiber area it is not update there.

one more strange thing is that if you check my home adrees (***********) on proximus fiber area it is not update there.

Even more strange, usually the message says that the address cannot yet be connected to fiber, but in this case, the message says that it cannot be connected to Proximus network ! :thinking:

Reality is I have fiber modem and box in home...Our neighbours having  fiber connection from proximus. When I contact proximus they say same thing we cannot provide. Really confused and frustrated whom to contact 

Really confused and frustrated whom to contact 

I’m sure @David W will make his best to sort out this issue…

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +5

@vg123456  we are investigating it because the demand effectively blocks whether it is at the copper level or at the optical fiber level whereas if it has already been connected there is no reason that we cannot do it, we are looking at that. and we'll keep you posted

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +5

@vg123456 Update: it is in progress positive...

Thank you David for your efforts.

@vg123456 Update: it is in progress positive...

Hi David,

Today I checked availability for fiber at my place it is showing available at my place, which looks promising. May I know status of work, when I may get the connection ?

Hi @vg123456 , I see a request for a fiber connection with an appointment on 18/11. Let us know :fingers_crossed_tone1:

Commenter