Technician comes and tells me I am elegible to VDSL

Un technicien vient me dire que je suis éligible au VDSL parce qu'il a vu le nouveau distributeur dans la rue, mais au téléphone, ils me disent que je ne suis pas éligible :(
Ils me donnent une solution "pour les régions éloignées" appelée MPTCP ... C'est bon, sauf que je vis au centre de Bruxelles! La capitale de l'Europe ...
Conexion upstream 300kb!!!

14 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +5
Bonjour,

Pourriez-vous me fournir votre numéro de ligne en privé via le lien suivant:

https://fr.forum.proximus.be/inbox/conversation?with=51675

Bonne journée, Sophie.
À 1000 bruxelles, proximus ne peut fournir que 300 kbits. Merci la capitale
So not even MPTCP now this is a joke. 2019, the city centre, and they offer me 300kbits! Scape from Proximus if you live in the centre of Brussels.
Proximus Customer Service summarised:
1) Technician: Your distributor allows VDSL, request it.
-I call support, they say this
2) Support1: Yes, sure let me send your request to ICT. Saturday you have it.
-Saturday I don't have it. I call Monday.
3) Suppport2: Let me check. Keep online.
-After 30 minutes of listening to music. Call mysteriously disconnect.
4) Suppport3: Let me check. Keep online.
-After 20 minutes of listening to music. Call mysteriously disconnect. I call again and tell, hey guys this is the third time I call you today. Can you make sure you call me back or this does not disconnect mysteriously?
5) Suppport5: Let me check. Keep online. Hey, sorry, you do not qualify for VDSL, but don't worry tomorrow we call you to send you an MPTCP.
-No call. I use the forum.
6) Support6: let me check. You don't qualify for VDSL nor MPTCP

That's how you make customers angry and waste them their precious time... 6 different supports, six different messages. Somo helping some getting rid of you mysteriously, some telling you we can't do anything.
So not even MPTCP now this is a joke. 2019, the city centre, and they offer me 300kbits! Scape from Proximus if you live in the centre of Brussels.
They announced the deployment of FTTH in Brussels 3 years ago, but since then very little progress has been made, except around Anspach boulevard and new buildings... But they still use this as an excuse to charge more money for a subscription in support of the invisible progress. Luckily, in Belgium, many people (but not all) have access to 2 types of technology...
One would expect that the so-called "leader" telecom provider, would at least offer something better than the DSL developed during the late 90s...
I had at least hope on the MPTCP until they come up with something better but then they told me
"Pour bénéficier de la solution MPTCP, il faut remplir une série de critères et je constate que ça n'est pas encore possible chez vous."
Giving that this is an LTE mobile router, I wonder what are the "critères"? Not living inside a cave? Cos that is not my case...
Yesterday support7) Don't worry, just make an appointment with a happy house they will fix you a MPTCP

Today Support8) But you are not connected!

Proximus customer service, thank you for your lack of customer service.
I still believe you should never have to resort to MPTCP in the center of Brussels, Capital of Europe...
They don't even offer that now. They say "300k is the best you can get with us, you know where is the outside door"
Best is when they hide their incompetence by saying "problem is at your house"

But then you check your street and:
Rue du Gouvernement Provisoire 31, 33, 35, 37 ... Have VDSL
Rue du Gouvernement Provisoire 30, 32, 34, 36 ...Have DSL

So no, it is not my house, it is my side of the full road. But better blame your home. I never saw anything like this.
The worst is that a building is equipped with FTTH in your street: number 10 for example...

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +5
helioft,

helioft Yesterday support7) Don't worry, just make an appointment with a happy house they will fix you a MPTCP

Today Support8) But you are not connected!

Proximus customer service, thank you for your lack of customer service.

We exchanged at 8:44 in private and I told you that I had found you as a customer.

Then I gave you all the necessary explanations. Have a good day,

David

Then I gave you all the necessary explanations. Have a good day,

Can you tell me the explanations here?
Because you or one of you told me it was my home that had the problem...

Commenter