Répondu

VDSL2 Coverage in Brussels capital by December 2016 (rue de Flandre 181)

Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Good morning,

I am a belgacom user since 4.5 years ago, I recently moved to Rue de Flandre 181 on Brussels 1000 postcode, after the movement, my overall connection speed has drop to 5 mbps, disabling any HD content, and making internet browsing very unsatisfactory.

I know the low speed is coming from the fact that my line now is under a simple ADSL connection and not vectored DSL 2 (VSDL2), after the installation, the technician assured me the DSL distribution cabinet serving my address was going to be upgraded to VSDSL2 end of 2016, so it will be ready to migrate my connection to VSDL2 on January.

Please, could you specify how true / realistic this estimation is? I would wait 1 month for the VSDL2 connection if someone from Belgacom can guarantee me it will be really on my streey by January 2017... if not I will start looking for alternate ISP.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
icon

Meilleure réponse par NicolasF 13 December 2016, 08:20

Afficher l'original

25 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +2
Hello josemariagarciaduro,

Do not hesitate to ask the question to Proximus (with details in private message) via this link : https://fr.forum.proximus.be/inbox/conversation?with=51675

Rgds
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Thanks,

I tried contacting the Proximus team via private message with no answer, how much time does it normally take to get some feedback from them?

Regards
Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +2
Hello josemariagarciaduro,

With the weekend, you should have answer this week. I hope. Keep me informed.

Rgds,
Thanks,

I tried contacting the Proximus team via private message with no answer, how much time does it normally take to get some feedback from them?

Regards

Based on my own experience, from a few hours to never...
Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +4
Hello,

Sorry for the time taken to answer your post.

You are indeed now on ADSL and that is the reason your speed has decreased compared to what you had earlier.

You will have VDSL2 in a near future, that is a fact. Now because it is also linked to works in the street, we cannot assure you 100% it will happen at a certain date, there's always that slight chance that something happens and delays the activation.

Knowing that and if anything goes well (how it should be), it will be activated on 02/04/2017 (February not April).

I remain at your disposal in case you need more information.

Kinds regards

Nicolas.
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Thanks Nicolas,

I will wait then until first week of February 2017, will this change of technology be done automatically or will I need to request it to Proximus?

Best regards,

Jose Maria
Badge +4
In principle you should not be warned of an improvement in your line.
If not, go back to the forum. The colaborator will help you to see more clearly about this activation.
Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +4
Hello,

The date remains the same, we are one week away so this should be fine.

You'll only have to call my colleagues from the customer service so that they do the necessary for you. You may contact them at 080044800.

NicolasF.
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Thanks Nicolas,

I will contact Proximus next Monday 6th February to check if everything went well and activation is ready

Regards,

Jose Maria
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Hi Nicolas,

I filled the technical request 5 days ago (reference 29212550) and still no answer from Proximus about it, could someone check internally if my complain is being handled in customer support?

Thanks and best regards,

Jose Maria
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Hi Nicholas,

Proximus answered me that deployment has shifted to April or probably later, can you confirm his point? I see totally unacceptable that you assured me the migration was going to be 4th February and now I got a totally different (and probably false) date.

Can you comment on this?

Regards,

Jose Maria
Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +4
Hi Jose Maria,

I just check now and I saw that the date not only has changed but has also disappeared. I can't explain it for the moment, but I just contacted the responsible person for your area to know what happened. I will keep you informed as soon as I receive an answer from him.

Regards,

Nicolas.
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Thanks Nicolas for your fast response.

Best regards,

Jose Maria
Maybe because fiber will be installed instead ? The plans for "Fiber for Brussels" still have to be announced...
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Hi Nicolas,

Any update on this?

Regards,

Jose Maria
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Hi Nicolas,

Any update on this?

Thanks
Niveau d'utilisateur 6
Badge +4
Hi josemariagarciaduro,

I just received a response from the responsible person of the area of our network infrastructure.

Unfortunately we didn’t get the construction/working permission to work on site. Result is that the project has been putted on hold.

The site where the infrastructure work had to happen is located in a restricted area and we cannot start something without this permission.

We have also no further information concerning a start date.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Daniel
Badge +4
@Daniel Peut-il intervenir de quelque manière que ce soit pour essayé de débloquer la situation?
Bonsoir,

Pas d'infos sur le passage en FTTH dans ce quartier ? C'est dans le centre-ville tout de même, non ?
Badge +4
Si, mais les autorisation sont restrictive. il faut traduire les message cher "amis"
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Hi,

I was asking here about vsdl2,not fiber. I understand fiber works can take many time as they are civil works in the area.

I has vsdl2 previously in rue st catherine that is not further than 600 metres from my new address.

It is not acceptable that some people we are paying for a 70 mbps connection plus hd channels on tv and getting 5 mbps and SD channels.

I will start looking for alternatives to proximus

Regards

Jose maria
Badge +4
@josemaria

It is necessary to have the fiber so far as the Terminal for the vdsl. the ftth is a next operation which will come from the Terminal at home
The reason I mention FTTH is that the deployment in the center of Brussels should start soon (as in 5 other cities) and I was wondering if there would be a chance that FTTH becomes available sooner than VDSL2, as they plan to use the facades whenever possible, which may require less authorisations.
Niveau d'utilisateur 5
Badge +1
It is not acceptable that some people we are paying for a 70 mbps connection plus hd channels on tv and getting 5 mbps and SD channels.
You are 100% right.
There should be enough alternatives in Brussels.
We, in Wallonia, doesn't have the same options. So-called competition is only theorical. And we are stuck with 2Mbps connections, with no channel (no TV available) 😕
Niveau d'utilisateur 1
Good afternoon,

I have seen some works on close streets (rue de Flandre first numbers, also Rue Dansaert...) in the street cabinets, is there any news about the status of my inquiry?

Thanks

Jose Maria

Commenter