Skip to main content
Im trying to set up a Static IP address for my PC so that I can port forward for Destiny 2.

I called Proximus Support and they told me to go to Portforward.com . On Portforward.com it tells me that I need to get my DNS Server number to set up a static IP address but it states that if your DNS Server and your Default gateway are the same, then you need to contact your provider for your actual DNS Server number. Well i contacted Proximus support 3 times and was hung up on 3 times because they refuse to give it to me. They send me to a website instead of telling me themselves which is terrible customer service and then refuse to give me the information that the website is telling me to get. Can anyone elaborate on what I actually have to do and how to do it?
Hi,

I don't see why it would be a problem if the DNS server and the default gateway are the same...

In any case, the simplest is to allocate a fixed IP address to the PC from the bbox, by reserving an IP address for the MAC address of the PC, instead of fixing it on the PC itself.

If you really need the IP address of a DNS server, you can always use the one of Google (8.8.8.8)

Commenter