Skip to main content
Sorry to posting in English, my French is not at the level to post here.

I recently started working on a cloud service platform as a website developer from my home. The problem is that when I try to upload a file on the cloud (Microsoft Azure) the internet speed of the whole network (not only of the unit I work on) drops close to standstill (0.1 MBs Upload, 0.1 MBs download) for a good hour.

Is there is a Proximus firewall rule in place that triggers this? Does the Proximus networks confuses the traffic with a torrent and limits the bandwidth as a "stick" approach? You'll imagine it is frustrating, is there anything that can be done?
traduction par google translate:

Désolé de publier en anglais, mon français n'est pas au niveau à poster ici.

J'ai récemment commencé à travailler sur une plate-forme de service cloud en tant que développeur de site Web de chez moi. Le problème est que lorsque j'essaie de télécharger un fichier sur le cloud (Microsoft Azure), la vitesse de l'Internet sur l'ensemble du réseau (non seulement sur l'unité sur laquelle je travaille) est proche de l'arrêt (0.1 Mo de téléchargement, 0.1 Mo de téléchargement) pour un bonne heure.

Existe-t-il une règle de pare-feu Proximus qui déclenche cela? Est-ce que les réseaux de Proximus confondent le trafic avec un torrent et limitent la bande passante en tant qu'adresse "bâton"? Vous imaginerez qu'il est frustrant, y at-il traduction: quelque chose qui peut être fait?

proximus ne limite pas la bande passante comme vous l'entendez.

il se peut que le problème soit ailleur et pas ou vous pensez est-ce que votre ligne internet est suffisante pour supporté le cloud? est le cloud de microsoft qui pose problème? avez-vous ce même problème avec le cloud de proximus?

difficile d'aidez sans plus de précision.
Hi,

All I can say is that I generate quite a lot of upstream trafic and I never experienced any slowdown (with 20 Mbps upstream, constant). So Proximus does not throttle trafic...
Thanks for your answers. @Tapedur, ok, so there are no easy answers. I'll see if this continues, it can not be a problem with the microsoft as they can not control my internet traffic. The bandwidth is limited for any webpage, not only for the microsoft cloud connection.

@titi70 I haven't got any problems with any other types of uploads (skype,etc..). It is just this specific type of upload that triggers the problem. It might be on a weird port.
I also work with Azure, and so far I didn't see any problem... Can you describe specifically the type of transfer you do , I could try the same...
It's nothing special, I'm trying to upload different files with the Azure Storage Explorer on my unit to a storage on the cloud. Small files work well, bigger than tens of MBs and it triggers the limitation.

Ok, so if it works well for you than it seems it is a problem with my setting, maybe my router.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Commenter