Question

My internet is regularly at 1Mbps!

• Apprenti
  • 2 commentaires

My internet has been impossibly slow as of late. It used to happen once in a while, but now it’s happening all the time. It took me a very long time just to load the Proximus website and post this message on the forum. 

When I do the speed test, I’m only getting 1.2Mbps! This is impossible to use. 

https://pxs.speedtestcustom.com/result/86ef78b0-33f0-11ea-abe3-dfe0448f24e6

I’ve reset the router, but no change. I am sitting right next to the Wifi router and am not making any other downloads/uploads. The slow internet is on all of my devices - computer/tablet/phone.

Please tell me what I should do. I’m extremely frustrated. 

4 commentaires

I should mention that it comes in and out. It’s not always at 1Mbps, but between the hours of 6pm-11pm (when I’m at home), there are around 2 hours where it is 1Mbps. Then the speed picks up to 5-7Mbps. 

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6

Hi @FSY,

What does this page indicate with your address?

Advertised speed

up to 100 Mbps download - up to 15 Mbps upload

Maximum speed

4,1 Mbps download -  0,5 Mbps upload

But I’m not certain that this information is correct. For example, right now, Sunday morning, my speed is 45Mbps. 

It’s when it’s at 1Mbps or below that renders the internet unusable. I don’t think it’s not unreasonable to expect that one can load a single webpage (say the Proximus one) in under 1 min. 

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +4

What’s the info on the subject present in MyProximus - my products - internet - speed?

Max. speed above seems to be indicating your line still is of type adsl, however if sunday morning your speed is 45 Mbps the line is of type vdsl2

Did you already verified the speed with a (utp-)cable between BBox and PC?

The reset made was it a hard reset of the BBox?https://www.proximus.be/support/en/id_sfaqr_mdm_reset_trouble/personal/support/internet/internet-at-home/troubleshooting/restore-default-settings-of-your-wi-fi-network.html

Commenter