Question

Proximus Home Optimizer

I am experiencing an annoying trouble with the Proximus Home Optimizer app for iOS.

After having log in, the app says "Pas autorisé. Pas d'accès à la b-box" which is really weird as I do am connected.

Could someone suggest me a way around this problem?

11 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6
Hi Anne Sophie
To analyse the situation, is it possible to send us your Customer id or your line number by private message via this link https://fr.forum.proximus.be/inbox/conversation?with=51675 please?

Thx

Aurélien
Dear Aurélien,

Do you have any news? Thanks in advance!
I do not really understand: why the network is so slow? it's a wifi problem? it's the bbox?

I do not really care if I cannot reach 100 mbits, but 5mbits it's really horrible. What's wrong with the connection?
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6
Anne Sophie,

Are you connected by cable or wifi ?

Aurélien
wifi
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6
Are you connected on the 2.4ghz or the 5.0 ghz ?

AurélienK
right now 5ghz. I tried all the combinations (only 2.4, only 5, and both) but nothing improved.
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +4
Suggestion: reset bbox via reset button
https://www.proximus.be/support/en/id_sfaqr_mdm_reset_adv/personal/support/internet/internet-at-home/advanced-settings/restore-default-settings-of-your-wi-fi-network.html
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6
Is it possible to perform a test connected by cable ? to check if the speed is the same ?

Aurélien
Hello Aurélien,

Yes! I performed a reset of the box as M_016F suggested and checked again the speed of the connection both via cable and just wifi. I attach the pictures. There is an impressive gap between cable and wifi.

I suspect that this is due to the large number of wifi from neighbors that live around me. How can I improve the wifi speed?
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6
Hi Anne Sophie

The first solution, if you're connected to the 2.4 ghz, is to change the channel of the wifi. Channel 1, 6 or 11 are better

The other solution is to use the 5.0ghz but the range is not so wide than the 2.4

Aurélien

Commenter