Question

Vectoring Unlock

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if vectoring can be activated in Raeren Neustrasse. We have been living since 2011 and it has hardly changed for us. We surf at around 30 Mbit / s, although we can actually surf at 50-100 Mbit. The data is getting bigger, but our speed is not increasing.   Can you start a TBF?

6 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +4

Fyi:

I am afraid  Proximus collaborators are not be online in the weekend on this public forum

As also indicated in the userbase link below internet connections in Neustrasse Raeren unfortunately still are connected to LEX equipment 

Maybe Proximus collaborators could be able to tell you - when consulting technical/engineering backend services - if any plans are made to move from LEX to KVD/ROP in the near/medium long term future to offer more vectoring based speeds at your location

https://userbase.be/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43902&p=820923&hilit=raeren#p820923

Sorry again, here's another example I just can't understand why street to street makes a difference. It's about speed.

https://www.proximus.be/en/id_cr_intspeedt/personal/internet-subscriptions/choose-your-option/speedtest-internet-connection.html#/speedResult

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +4

Zone  x = distance from LEX  (building telephone exchange) or from KVD/ROP (streetcabinet)

So some (parts of) streets are connected to non vectorised equipment in the LEX (building) others are connected to streetcabinets;

some of these streetcabinets are “vectorised” (= KVD/ROP combination = streetcabinet is connected in fiber - Remote Optical Platform / KabelVerdeler-Cable Distribution- and from there on the copper cable is further used to the customer)

other streetcabinets still are not vectorised

Some streetcabinets are feed (from LEX) in fiber (KVD/ROP) other streetcabinets still are feed in copper (KVD)

Vectorised versus non vectorised: vectorised = higher speed because of use of higher MHz frequencies on the distribution cables

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDSL

I am afraid not to be able to tell you why equipment in the LEX building is not able to provide vectorised profiles (other/older equipment to be replaced one day when written off?)

I am not aware which streetcabinets are vectorised or are not vectorised, but do know there are for example streetcabinets in Hauptstrasse and Eynattenerstrasse

→ Networks do evolve and only Proximus management is aware of the short and medium long term planning

Userbase info:

Suggestion: consultez/utiisez la boîte à idées et indiquez dans votre login profile votre n° client et n° tél (utilisez un champ libre pour toute info spécifique/privé au problème), info uniquement visible par les collaborateurs Proximus

Where exactly can I find it?

Link??

Thank you for answer

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +4

Suggestion: consultez/utiisez la boîte à idées et indiquez dans votre login profile votre n° client et n° tél (utilisez un champ libre pour toute info spécifique/privé au problème), info uniquement visible par les collaborateurs Proximus

Where exactly can I find it?

Link??

Thank you for answer

It’s simply a footer nothing in relation to your message/request. It’s inviting people:

to use/consult the forum ideabox to introduce ideas forr a better service and/or to vote for existing ones

to fill in customer contact phone number and customer number in the forum login profile (only visible for/to Proximus collaborators)

&

it was simply set up on request of and to help Proximus collaborators to be able to handle customer requests quicker and to avoid customers do provide private info involved publicly on the forum

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +6

Hi

You provisionned profile is 20 mbps but without Vectoring :(  and right now it’s not possible to have more

You already have 30 mbps because of the DLM.

Perhaps in the future :)

Commenter